Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prank Call

Panic came last Sunday when a bomb threat was called at my daughter's school at the AIS, My wife nervously called me up and I flew from my office to the school in like less that 10 minutes! When I came, there was people everywhere, a long line of cars jammed on the road, police blocked the main gates and the Special weapons and tactics team came to the scene with their sniffer dogs. Parents weren't allowed in the school campus as some wait in grief and anger. Paramedics were on standby and so are the fire trucks. We waited for the gates to open but there was nothing, not even a hint of what was going on inside. I thought at first, it will be fine, knowing that never these kind of terror things happen in Kuwait, there was an attempt however in '06, but were easily crushed by Kuwait's special task force, but on the other hand I thought, what if it's a hostage scene? Like what happened in Bosnia? That thought really scared the shit out of me. After almost an hour of waiting, the gates were opened and people start swarming inside the campus, parents trying to go to their children and take them out of the premises. Finally, my wife came out with Aliyah, Boy! Am I glad to see her! Soon we found out that it was a prank! I mean what the eff!?! It's not even the month of April, but kudos to the school teachers for making the drill, the police for the quick response and damn those people who called the prank!

No comments: